Off-Campus Housing

Interested in living off campus?

Off-campus requirements may shift from year to year depending on available residence hall space. To live off campus, students must meet one of the following criteria:

  • Be enrolled in less than 12 hours.
  • Be living with an immediate family member such as father, mother, grandparent, brother/sister over the age of 22, or aunt/uncle. (Please complete the Relative Housing Form and submit with your application.)
  • Would like to establish residency in the area due to intent to marry at the end of this semester.
  • An international student or parents are living overseas.
  • Be 22 years old during the semester in which applying for off-campus status.
  • Have completed 120 credit hours or eight total semesters in a dorm and are in good standing. (Good standing includes both academic competence and the demonstration of moral character.)
  • Other (e.g., December graduate, health issues, internship, study abroad, etc.)

Apply for off-campus residence by downloading the application.

Off-Campus Application

Relative Housing Form

Once complete, please return to the Student Affairs Office.
Deadline to apply: Fall Semester - April 1, Spring Semester - November 1


Email Brie Heim, Commuter Director or call 574-372-5100, ext. 6465.